AV Career Vision Overseas is the International Admission Office for Washington Medical Science Institute which has campuses in St Lucia & USA.
The Admission cum Head office is situated in Chennai for processing all the student applications and handling applications from educational consultants from various countries globally.
About Washington Medical Science Institute
Washington Medical Science Institute (WMSI) is a USA based international Medical School and Clinical Training provider. It is fully owned by Premier Hopkins International Corporation, United States.
With its Corporate Headquarters in the United States, WMSI has its school campus in St Lucia with ongoing medical and nursing programs. A new campus is also proposed.
Currently, WMSI has institutional affiliations in Ireland and Africa. Numerous new affiliations are in the pipeline in many African and Middle-eastern countries, Europe, USA and Canada.
WMSI is listed and recognized by international bodies like ECFMG, FAIMER, NBME, AVICENNA (A subsidiary of WHO), Govt of St Lucia (Ministries of Education, Health & Culture). By virtue of its above mentioned recognizations, the degree awarded by WMSI will be acceptable by Medical Council of Canada, MCI and GMC.
WMSI aims to develop next generation leaders in the broad disciplines of medicine, public health, biomedical sciences and research.
WMSI is offering a wide variety of academic programs in partnership with numerous global universities.
A. REGULAR AND DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Regular Program : Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Dual Program 1 : MD-MPH (MD-Masters in Public Health) – For careers in the public sector, academia, healthcare institutions etc.
- Dual Program 2 : MD-MBA (MD-Masters in Business Administration) – for healthcare administration and hospital management.
B. AFFILIATED AND PROFESSIONAL REACH PROGRAMS
Affiliated Programs :
- Pre-medical diploma : 90 credit hours with option of joining MD program directly
- BS – Health Science : Pre-requisite degree for MD & Dual degree programs at WMSI or any other affiliated institution (120 credits).
BS-Professional Reach :
- Offered through affiliations with other non-medical Universities
- As a pre-requisite to join the MD or other programs at WMSI
- Possibility for dual accreditation / certification through Edexcel
- Deliverable in two phases:-
- 2+1 year – First two years Pre-Med Diploma
Third year – Undergraduate matriculation (Full degree program)
- Guaranteed admission to all successful students to standard or dual degree programs
RESIDENCY REACH PROGRAM
- Focuses on delivering mandatory components for residency programs to International Medical Graduates with or without medical license.
- Offers 6 months of Internship clinical training for IMG
- Licensed IMGs are eligible for a Temporary license + Externship and an aggressive target oriented USMLE preparation (both step 1 & 2)
- IMGs without license – eligible for 6 months externship with USMLE step 1 & 2.